I hope everyone had a delicious Thanksgiving! We're down in Atlanta right now having celebrated Thanksgiving with my grandparents and 30 other aunts, uncles, and cousins. I really enjoyed it this year because the crowd was a lot smaller than in years past where we've had up to 65 or 70 people for Thanksgiving. Now of course that means that we didn't see as much family as in year's past, which would have been nice, but there are usually so many people that you only have time to say hey to everyone (maybe) before they all leave a couple hours later. The weather has been very warm; I wish we could have spent more time outside. But as is usually the case, we've spent the trip preparing for and cleaning up from the meal. I don't mind that at all and we always get to visit while doing so, but it seems like no matter how long we stay, I wish we could just be here a couple more days to relax with my grandparents! Thank you so much, Grandmother and Daddy Bob for having us; we love coming anytime and every time we get a chance!
We are headed home tomorrow to go to my in-law's house for a birthday party before going back to our home. Aaron did a stellar job of packing the car tonight as we had a lot more to take home than we left with. I went to a thrift store down here and got lots of stuff not to mention a book shelf from my grandmother, a huge tote box and large bag full of cleaning supplies, aluminum foil, plastic wrap, and plastic bags from my great grandmother's apartment who passed away in June; a bag full of trinkets from her, and two huge bags of tupperware from my sister, Lauralee. It was quite the undertaking, but we had plenty of room left over thanks to Aaron's packing abilities. Looks like Christmas in NY may not be such a daunting trip after all!!
2 comments:
Hi Jenny,
I just wanted to let you know that I sent your Secret Sister gift today in the mail. The post office said it may take three weeks to get to you ~ sorry it may not get there before Christmas. I hope you enjoy the little things I have tucked away in the box. I wish I could have done more!
Your Secret Sister
Hello Secret Sister!
I know I will love all that you have sent and I can't wait to get it. I sent my package off to MY secret sister 4 days late (bad me!), so THAT package may not get there on time either. Oh well! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!
Post a Comment