Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What A Day

It is currently 10:34 pm. I have a crick in my neck, the kitty litter box is stinking across the room from me (I'll be glad when kitty, now named Marley, is old enough to be outside!), and I am in desperate need of a shower. I'm so sleepy I can barely hold my eyes open, and what am I doing? I'm blogging. I'm an idiot. But, it has been such a day, I just have to write if for no other reason than to vent so I can go to sleep. It all started out just peachy swell. Today is day 2 of the kids' swimming lessons. Savannah and Alan are absolutely loving the fact that we signed them up for lessons. They both love water and are having a blast. Hopefully I can get a picture or 2 posted soon. We left for town, got there in time, dropped off the kids, then I struck out to walk down a nature trail that goes through town and pretty much drops you in downtown. I needed to go to 2 banks, nearly next door to each other, so I thought I'd walk to them to get some exercise (which is why I need a shower so badly). The walk was lovely, probably 1 1/2 miles altogether???; it was warm, but it was so nice to walk at a pace that I wanted to walk at where I really felt like I was getting a workout, rather than walking with a 6, 4, and 1 yr old. I had such fun. We came home and ate lunch. (Oh, did I mention that my mom is coming over to babysit Katie Mae since lessons fall during her morning nap?) Katie Mae has been running fever off and on for the past 2 days because I think and hope it's from teething. She's got some molars coming through, so she's a bit under the weather, poor gal. Then, after lunch, I had set aside the afternoon for doing end-of-the-month billing. A friend of mine helps in the office, and she was coming over to help out this afternoon. Well, this is always a very stressful, frustrating time, because it's no fun billing out for all this work done over the past month to many, many different customers. It was a frustrating 5 hours, between the heat, the kids, the kitten, fussy Katie Mae. Finally, at 6:45 pm, Aaron told me to quit and tend to Katie Mae and supper. Well, Katie Mae was past the point of no return by then, supper just wasn't going to happen, etc. etc. We finally ate at 8:20 after Katie was down, and then only thank goodness to frozen pizza and mustard greens for supper. Got the two older kids in bed, and I've been working in billing ever since. Yeah, I know, it doesn't sound like that bad of a day, but office work stresses me out worse than the messiest house in the universe or the rowdiest kids on the block. So, for me, it was bad.

On another note.....this has been the most gorgeous weather lately. I truly love just stepping outside. There are flowers in bloom everywhere, both wild and tame (lol), and just taking a deep breath is intoxicating. Everywhere I go, if I breathe deep, I can smell either the warm ripe hay in the fields surrounding me or the beautiful tiny wild roses that are in bloom right now. I don't ever remember noticing the smell of those little roses so much, but they are just absolutely breath taking. This is such a wonderful time of year. I would stay outdoors all day every day if I could I love being outside so much. I love spring in the mountains. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I love where I live on this portion of land and I don't ever want to leave.

(I have officially typed myself in to a sleepy stupor...zzzzzzzz)

4 comments:

missamandabeth said...

See, now if my life was as exciting as that AND I had internet access at home, I'd be able to blog more often . :) I'm going to come see you soon.

Kallie said...

I sure do miss the mountain air. But even more than that I miss the quietness. I don't think my ears have ever completely adjusted to the sounds of the city. At least you have your land to keep you grounded on days that seem crazy.

missamandabeth said...

Okay, so WHO was complaining about infrequent blog posts?? At least I have no computer, no internet access as MY excuse! ;)

Kallie said...

Now it's time for me to get on you about publishing a new post. I've been checking your blog every day... though I'm really not a good one to talk- I am going to do one tomorrow if it's the last thing I do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails