Monday, June 1, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY, Monday, June 1st, 2009
Outside My Window...The sun is shining, the sky is blue.
I am thinking...About all the things I need to do today. It's going to be a busy day.
I am thankful for...Well, this gorgeous weather and my family. Happy Birthday, Savannah!
From the learning rooms...The kids are going to start swimming lessons today...does that count?
From the kitchen...The coffee is made and nothing else. There's a dishpan full of strawberries out that I picked this morning at 6:30. I'll probably make smoothies with them for breakfast.
I am wearing...I haven't gotten dress yet for the day...I'm wearing my Atlanta Braves sleep shirt and a pair of denim shorts.
I am creating...Nothing right now. I'm going to make a Winnie The Pooh cake later though.
I am going...To Hillsville today
I am reading...Happy Housewives by Darla Shine. My sis gave it to me for my birthday and it's really, really good. I recommend it to everyone (housewives that is)
I am hoping...To have a very productive day.
I am hearing...Katie Mae sneezing, the beautiful birds singing outside the window, Aaron talking to employees, Savannah talking to the kitten.
Around the house...Alan's reading books, not much else going on.
One of my favorite things...Wildflowers!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I've got to take the kids in for swimming lessons 4 times this week. That does not bode well for me because I do not do well when I have to go to town so many times in a week, but this is only for 2 weeks. Mama is going to babysit Katie Mae for me though, because it's right during her morning nap. I hope to get all of the end of the month billing done for the business; (not a fun job), and I hope to clean up my house!!!!!!! (a NEVER ENDING task)
Here is picture thought I am sharing...


I took this picture last week in between drops of rain. I pass this old mill every time I go to town and have wanted to take a picture of it for probably 10 years. And I finally, FINALLY stopped to take a picture of it. If you look closely, you can see the water wheel on the left side of the structure.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails