Monday, April 12, 2010

Frustrations


I'm not sure why I'm in such a bloggy mood because I have far too many other things to be doing to even think about blogging. Basically, I have a TON on my mind, and when my mind goes into overload mode, I feel like I need to write to free up some mental space. : ) Springtime is always busy time for us. This spring is like most others if not worse because we had a tough winter as far as work is concerned. This past year, for the first time since we've been married, we had a winter's worth of work lined up to be done. We had a couple small paver patio jobs, a LARGE retaining wall job, some clearing work, a commercial paver application job, and other small jobs along the way. Well, then it snowed. And snowed. And snowed. Don't get me wrong. I love the snow, and I loved having Aaron home a good bit. However, now that the snow is gone, all those jobs that were supposed to be done over the 4 winter months need to be done AS WELL AS the jobs for springtime that we already have lined up. Everyone wants their job to be done first and most everyone is impatient because, though they understand we couldn't work with the snow, they all want them done RIGHT NOW, now that the weather is warm and the sun is out. Take that, new potential customer's springtime work to be done, a pretty pathetic employee roster for the upcoming summer, and MULTITUDES of other work related issues, PLUS tons of other crazy stuff going on in our lives right now, and it makes for a very stressful springtime. There just are NOT enough hours in the day. I told my mom last night every time I feel like my plate is starting to be about 1/4 empty, someone comes and dumps a ton more on it. I don't mind being busy. I like having things to do. I don't mind cooking, or cleaning, or homeschooling, or doing business work, or doing manual labor outdoors, or being a mother. I'm really not a lazy person. But I'd just like to get that plate clear for just a day or two. I just want to get the house CLEAN and organized all at once; get the office cleaned up and all calls, emails, paperwork, etc. done at once; get the garden tilled and planted; clean out the basement; get winter clothes put away and summer clothes out. After that's all done, I can make a daily schedule and stick with it and stay ahead of the game. Is that all too much to ask? :) Eh, probably so. BUT. It CAN be done. I know there are people out there who do it. Women in previous centuries did it with farm chores and massive gardens and tons of children. They didn't even have dishwashers and washing machines and hot water heaters and gas powered equipment and refrigerators. There are families out there right now that have lots of kids, homeschool, garden, run their own businesses, etc. etc. etc. and they manage to keep it all together. Look at a Proverbs 31 woman. I wanna be her. (with a splash of a Proverbs 32 woman thrown in there too. ;) ) So, alas, I must get back to it. I won't get anything done while I'm blogging...except blogging. Until next time....

1 comment:

Kallie said...

Don't we all want to be her?? Proverbs 31?? Each day and season we are being refined and we might not always have it all together but at least we try. Maybe you need to swipe a few things off your plate. When I am overwhelmed I always turn to simplifying. Simplify your house, your schedule etc. it really helps build peace of mind. Those ladies back in the day always had a clean house because they only had 1 bed to make, 2 dresses to wear, very little furniture and other unnecessary items etc... Simplify my friend!
I am glad you are in such a bloggy mood, because I'm surely not. I am going to force myself to write something soon...but don't be surprised if it doesn't happen:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails