Aaron and I celebrated our 8th anniversary on April 6. I know that for people like my grandparents who have been married for 63 years, that seems like nothing, but to me it seems like forever! I love anniversaries because it makes me happy to know we've made it through another year and to look back at the changes in our lives through the years. It has been a wild and crazy 8 years that's for sure. One main thing about our anniversaries that I remember well is how many times I've been pregnant on our anniversary! I was 7 months pregnant on our 1st anniversary, 9 months pregnant on our 3rd anniversary, 11 weeks pregnant on our 5th anniversary (I lost that one of course), and 8 months pregnant on our 6th anniversary. Needless to say, springtime is a busy time of year with 4 birthdays (mine included) and 1 anniversary in less than 2 months.
Flashback to 2002. I actually don't have any really great pics of just Aaron and me together looking at the camera, but yep, this was our wedding day.My parents kept the kids on the 6th so Aaron and I could go out to dinner. We drove an hour to the nearest "big city" and went out to eat at Carrabba's Italian Grill for supper. It was really good food and we had a good waiter, so it was a very enjoyable time. We got there kind of early, so we weren't in a rush at all. The waiter was very in tune to that and drug out our order so we had time to eat slowly and finish one course before the next one was brought. He also gave us free dessert since it was our anniversary. We had a really nice evening.
I like to try to have a picture taken every anniversary. I was hoping to post a picture of each anniversary, but then realized that I've only had a digital camera for 3 years now, so all my others are not digital. My scanner never has worked, so I guess I'll have to can that idea. It's just as well; I'm fat and pregnant in most of them. : )
These are my siblings and me at the wedding. My how we have all changed. Joe looks thrilled, huh? From L to R, it's Lynn, 24, me, 18 , Amanda, 21, Lauralee, 24, and Joe, 9.I thought we were through with the anniversary "festivities" after that, but I had a surprise over the weekend. Aaron had asked me if I wanted to go see a friend of our's play in a band on Saturday night, so I said "sure". So on Saturday evening, the kids stayed with Aaron's parents while we went out to see the band. We'd eaten dinner first at his parent's house, so we went to a little pool hall that's not at all skanky (did I really just say that?!...but what other word fits there??!!) and played pool for about an hour. Yeah, I won once, haha, and I only had to cheat once to do it. Then we went to watch the band, Heartbeat of Soul. They were really good; we enjoyed it alot. They were playing at a club that was in the same building as a hotel; once they were through playing, we went out to the car and I was waiting on Aaron to get in the car when he told me to get back out of the car and follow him. He had booked a night there at the hotel! It was a fun weekend. We spent Sunday hanging out with the kids and my family. We bought a pop up camper that we set up for the first time on Sunday and are looking forward to getting it ready to go out and camp this summer!
Savannah took these pictures just before we left to go out to eat. She's a pretty good photographer, really, when I let her use my camera!By the way, this is my 100th post!
No comments:
Post a Comment