
The girls and I harvested all of these vegetables in one evening last week. While the beans, squash, zucchini, and cucumbers have been coming in so strong, I have left the peppers to grow. The pink basket and the white bowl are full of ground cherries.

I picked jalapenos, hot banana peppers, sweet banana peppers, and sweet bell peppers. I only picked a fraction of the peppers that are going to mature before frost!

I canned hot peppers for the first time since I had so many peppers! I also made 12 pints of salsa and froze banana peppers and bell peppers.

I've had some very interesting tomatoes this year! These are two of them (Savannah thinks the bottom tomato looks like a bunch of bananas). Also, this was the October bean harvest. It's not much, but considering all I have to do is plant the seeds and then shell the beans at the end of growing season, it's a fairly easy couple of meals for winter!
1 comment:
The Pittman Valley Plum tomatoes (my FAVORITES for saucing) often form "siamese tomatoes" on my plants as well. That's quite the garden harvest! Such a good feeling, isn't it?
Post a Comment