I started blogging in April 2008 and really enjoy it! Being an extremely busy wife and mother of four, I don't get much time to write. But please do not let that keep you from coming back often as I like having you read what I write! Feel free to comment and let me know you stopped by, and enjoy reading!
Saturday, August 4, 2012
Elizabeth at 19 Months
I can't believe Elizabeth Rose is nearly 19 months old. She's at that stage where she's at her height of cute/fun/sweetness, and I start to really want to stunt her growth because she's growing too fast! I asked her last night to please stop growing and she answered with a "Noooa." (she likes to draw out her words)
Whereas she's been feeding herself cheerios for eons, Elizabeth has just recently started feeding herself with a fork. I am NOT all about babies playing with their food, so we usually wait to start giving them the fork until they actually have the coordination and patience to use it without making a mess. She's doing a really good job! She also has just recently been able to eat about 80% of her food without having it pureed. She's been real slow on getting teeth in. She only had 6 teeth (all in front) at a year and stayed that way for quite some time! In the past month, she's getting 5 more teeth; 4 molars, and another front bottom tooth. It's amazing what teeth can do! :)
Elizabeth isn't too much on talking yet, but she does have quite a handful of both words and signs. She knows about 30+ signs which she has used since before she was a year old and is slowly adding new words to her vocabulary. I think the fact that she does sign so much as slowed her down in speaking the words, but she usually seems to get her point across. She says all the typical first words--NO! Down! Mama, Daddy, Dixie, Herbie, Google, Ball, etc. :)
Elizabeth LOVES to play outside, especially if it includes, the dog, the cat, her siblings, or her Daddy and a Vroom Vroom. She loves to get in the trucks and equipment and move them around with Aaron.
In the picture above, she's really wishing Savannah and I would finish making jam and pay some more attention to her. So, she finally just resorted to leaning up against Savannah's legs. :)
Our power went out for couple days last month. We borrowed a light tower/generator from a friend during the outage, and before we returned it, Aaron raised the lights up in the air (well over 25 ft) and turned them on. Holy cow those lights are bright. You just don't even realize how bright they are when you're just driving by them at night when they're working on the highways. I think I could have more easily seen the bugs on the plants in the garden that night with those lights than in broad daylight. All that to say, Elizabeth was looking at the lights in this picture.
She loves to watch videos on Daddy's phone. Her favorites are Simon's Cat, or any rally videos where the cars go fast. She often looks at Aaron's phone and goes Meow or Vroom Vroom as if that's what the phone is for, right?
I'd put Elizabeth in her bed for a short time out one morning because she was being such a pill, and when I went in to get her up, she'd covered herself up and fallen asleep. :) She's down to one nap a day which usually falls around or right after lunch, and she usually sleeps 2-4 hours. She sleeps in Alan's room and enjoys waking up in the morning and seeing him up on his bed. She almost never wakes up in the night, sleeping from 9:30ish at night to 7ish in the morning.
I've recently started trying to wean her, but I'm no more ready than she is for that! However, we've gotten it down to 3, sometimes 4 times a day, usually around bedtimes and naptimes. Here, she's sorting spinach with Alan and Katie. :P
Ever since she was about 9 months old, I can set Elizabeth on the potty chair and she'll pee almost every single time. She's even gone to the potty a few times to let me know she needs to go and pooped a few times. Usually, I just put her on the chair when I'm changing her diaper, but I have a feeling if I'd just buckle down and do it, she could be fairly easily potty trained. She definitely gets the concept and only fusses about it if she's sleepy (so I don't usually even try then!) I'm still enjoying using cloth diapers on her. I keep disposables around for nighttime, changing while we're out, or for when Aaron changes her. It's been nice though not to have to buy any disposables since April!
Her hair is finally getting some length to it. It's rather curly; not quite as curly as Savannah's hair, but much curlier than Katie's. They all resemble each other so much when they were little. It'll be interesting to see how different she looks from the others as she grows older.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
Love the update and pictures, I have been off the blogs for about a month so had lots to catch up on. Esp love the picture of her napping with her blanket. Glad to know it is getting used. Love to all of you. Aunt Laura :) <3
Post a Comment