Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Moving Right Along....

Well so far my week at home is going rather nicely. The gifts are wrapped, cookies for the trip are made, the check book is balanced in preparation for leaving town and it's only Wednesday! I'm fairly satisfied. It's been very foggy all week until about 10 minutes ago, so I think we'll forego naps this afternoon and take a walk. What a long time it has been since we did that! It's even warm enough at 60 degrees! I can't believe it, it's not been that warm in 3 months!

Savannah and I finished reading The Borrowers by Mary Norton yesterday. It was cold, foggy, and drippy, so we curled up under the Christmas lights and read for two hours. What a good book! My sister, Amanda read it to me when I was young and it was as good as I remembered it. I'm not sure how easy it will be to find the remaining books in the series at the library, but maybe some library in the system will have them. The next one is The Borrowers Afield. However, before we check that one out, we're going to read Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink. That is another one of my childhood favorites.

Now, off for that walk. It's already getting cloudy again! Below are a few pictures taken back in late November. Both of my wooly men have had haircuts now, so they're even more handsome!



3 comments:

lislynn said...

Thanks for your comment! I love the Borrowers! And I happen to know for a fact that you can get several of the books at Paperback Swap! :) They're on my list to get next...

canningmama said...

I would of course just have given Goodwill an entire tomato box full of books about 2 months ago. Had I known about that site, it would have been a great place to possibly exchange for some books that I'm looking for. Oh well. I can't wait to take a look at freecycle and the book swap site too. Oh for the day that we can get high speed internet in this area so it will be quicker to do browsing like that....now I stick with the basics...email, bill paying, and blogging! : ) Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the comment!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that I am able to catch up with you regardless of the hour or how antisocial I may be feeling just by looking at your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails