Saturday, December 27, 2008

My Secret Sister Gift Exchange

I have got to be the worst secret sister on the face of the earth. I participated in a secret sister gift swap with a friend of mine and I am very bad for not having posted about this a long time ago because I was supposed to! I received my package from my secret sister on December 14th. It came all the way from Canada too!

The wonderful lady who sent my package made this beautiful scarf that Katie Mae so graciously offered to model since her outfit matched it that day. I love the scarf. I wore it all day long with my fundraisers t-shirt that said "got money?" on the back. I looked ridiculous but I love my scarf. Thank you, thank you!



Also enclosed in my package were the these lovely hand made dish cloths. Several of my extended family members have these cloths, but I've never had any of my own. I'm so glad to have some now! There were also some delicious tea bags. I had the Yogi Tea Vanilla Hazelnut flavored one and it was so delicious! I'm going to have to get some more of that! It was just perfect tasting without any sugar, cream, or honey. Just the way I like it. These cute little angels look very nice hanging on my windows in the living room looking out on to the front yard.

Also enclosed were these delightful tea light candles, holder and Yankee Candle Co. tarts. I do love candles! I light them all the time and I am so impressed with these tea lights. They last for a really long time. I have used one of them for over 2 hours already and you can hardly tell it's been used! You'd think it would last just an hour or two and be gone. But not these. Thank you so much!
I thoroughly enjoyed going through the package, examining each thing piece by piece. What fun the gift exchange was. I only wish that I had more time so that I could do this kind of thing more often. Thank you, Cindy, for having this idea, and thank you, Secret Sister for your thoughtfulness, care, and consideration. I look forward to talking to you!

We have had a wonderful time here in NY with our coolest aunt in uncle in Rochester. We've been coming up here every other year to celebrate Christmas with them since we got married and it's always so much fun to spend time with them. We leave tomorrow to head to northern VA to see my sister and brother-in-law; we're sad to have to leave, but all good things must come to an end. I'd thought that I'd get lots more posted on my blog while I was here, but I've been too busy being sick (like ALWAYS at Christmas!) and playing games. I love games! But maybe when I get home and things settle down, like in late January maybe, ( ha!) I'll get around to telling more about our trip and posting pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so pleased that you received your package before Christmas! The Post Office said that it probably wouldn't arrive in time. I am so happy that they were wrong!

I am also glad that you liked everything! I worry sometimes, that people will not like what I have sent them. Blessings to you and your family!

~ K

Your Secret Sister

missamandabeth said...

I think you should let Katie Mae keep the scarf, she looks quite adorable in it. :)

Anonymous said...

great post friend. I am so glad you are happy with everything. I will be revealing the secret real soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails