

Well, I was hoping not, but it's looking more and more like this little kitty is going to be our's. We found her down by the road on Thursday evening on our way out to dinner. She was still there when got home, and a possum was trying to have her for dinner. So Aaron saved her. She was wearing a collar, and I've called or visited all the neighbors to no avail. No one knows where she came from. I'm sure she got dropped off. That happens so often. The kitten loves the kids, and the kids LOVE the kitten. She will put up with anything from them. Savannah would carry her around literally all day if I'd let her. She spends hours every day tending to this kitten. She sure is cute. We already have one cat and one dog, and I just think that's enough. But what to do you do? If we take her to the animal shelter, she'll surely be killed and it's just one more mouth to feed, right? We'll get her spayed so she doesn't procreate, and the kids'll be in heaven playing with her all day.

Dixie has acted so maternal right from the very beginning.

The kitten wasn't so sure about Dixie the night we got her, but by the next morning, they were best friends. Dixie won't leave her side if the kitten is out playing.

Savannah took her on a walk and the kitten fell asleep.

I have to post at least one picture of Katie Mae. Notice the curls. She has gotten so many curls in the past month. Her hair has grown a lot lately. She's still not walking, but she could if she wanted to. She's just too stubborn.
1 comment:
Yay for a new kitten! I love that Dixie has a friend. :)
Post a Comment