
FOR TODAY November 9, 2009...
Outside My Window...It's very still and quiet this morning. The sun has risen but it's not too sunny yet. It's about 50 degrees out.
I am thinking...about getting inside and washing breakfast dishes, dressing Katie Mae, just starting the day you know.
I am thankful for...the fact that I have a new day to live.
From the learning rooms...we will be doing more writing, reading, math, etc today. Savannah's handwriting has improved SO much since we started the school year!
From the kitchen... we had cold cereal with bananas on it this morning. Dishes are awaiting me.
I am wearing...one flip flop, blue jeans, a red long sleeved tee with a tie dyed Goober's of Mt. Airy t-shirt over it. (very yummy place to eat by the way...and I just found the shirt at a consignment store for $2!)
I am creating...well, I WANT to make curtains for my bedroom this week. Not sure it will happen though. I've got a lot going on this week.
I am going...to take care of a neighbor's cats today and to the annual community pot luck dinner/board meeting tonight. It's Aaron's last meeting for his term. I'm glad he won't have this responsibility anymore.
I am reading...I am bad about reading more than one book at a time sometimes. Here are the books I have started but not finished yet. I've been working on some of them for MONTHS now. All interesting, just haven't gotten through them all......90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper, 30 Ways in 30 Days to Save Your Family by Rebecca Hagelin, Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life by Marshall B. Rosenburg, Ph.D., The Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson, and Strong-Willed Child or Dreamer by Dr. Dana Scott Spears. Suddenly I just realized that all but one of these books but one have been given to me in the past year. Are you people trying to tell me something?! : )
I am hoping...to have a delightful day today. But then, it IS a Monday and I have to balance checkbook and pay bills among other things. NOT the recipe for a delightful day. Maybe I'll prove myself wrong though.
I am hearing... The kids playing in the hallway/living room.
Around the house...Well, my house was in tip top condition all week last week. I've been getting up at 6 am for the past 9 days and it has done wonders for my daily routine. However, something happened from Friday-Sunday. The house sorta fell apart. So now I have to start over. It shouldn't be too hard to get it back to good.
One of my favorite things...My wonderful husband and my baby girl. Ok, that's 2 of my favorite things; and yes, I LOVE my other two children as well. But Katie's at the age/stage right now that is just IRRESISTIBLE!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Go in my bees today and pot luck dinner tonight, board meeting for Aaron tomorrow night, Wednesday in Greensboro maybe? Thursday a bee meeting in Christiansburg hopefully? Mom's night out on Friday night? Taking care of a neighbor's pets all week long......hmm, what else...school, cleaning.....

2 comments:
You are right Katie is at a very enjoyable stage in life!! I'm glad we have gotten to spend some time with all of them regularly.
You are sooooo funny. I laughed so hard that I cried when I read the part about the books you are reading.
Post a Comment