Thursday, June 12, 2008

Relief from the Heat

It's finally getting cooler! I'm so glad that it's not in the upper 90's; it's more like in the low 80's. I can handle that for sure! Because it is cooler, I got alot more done around the house than I have in the past week or more. I got laundry and dishes done and had the kids clean up all their toys because they had completely wrecked the whole house including the basement. It took them over 1 1/2 hours to clean up, but the house looked so much better once they were through. And I actually fixed a real supper meal! I've been doing so many quick dinners lately, but I really cooked last night. I made meat loaf, boiled potatoes with chives, butter, and cheese, and kale. I love kale and I haven't been eating it 5 times a week like I was before Katie was born, and I miss it so much. I think I discovered that it "might" be causing Katie to have gas, so I haven't been eating it as much. I never thought about kale as being a culprit to gas in a baby until I read in a book recently to stay away from kale as well as cabbage, broccoli, and basically half of what I eat if your baby has trouble with gas. That is a tragedy to someone who loves kale so much one will eat it raw, cooked, and the cold leftovers right out of the fridge. Sigh.

Aaron is sick this week. This is very unlike Aaron to be sick as much as he has been this spring. I think this is the third or fourth time this year, and this is the first time EVER that he has gotten sick first. Usually he's the last one to catch something. He's been miserable though. He's been complaining of a terrible sore throat and a pounding head as well as having fever and chills from time to time and body aches. But will he stay in bed until he gets better??? NO!!! He is still attempting to keep the guys busy at the job which of course mean traveling to the jobsite and making lots of phone calls and running into town for this or that and he's not getting any better because of it. Argh; how frustrating! I think I'll go outside and get his tow straps and strap him down to the bed and give him some sleeping pills. : )

Today we have home school group and I have no idea what to take as a snack. (Everyone is supposed to bring a snack each week) I'm not getting anything done that I need to get done in the house typing away here though, so I must go now!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails