I'm still not feeling totally well; I'm hacking and my head is still stopped up, I'm tired and just want to sleep. But I'm beginning to think this cold is never going to go away, so I'm just ignoring it at this point. Katie and Alan are the same; they're all snuffly, but oh well. Such is life. Sigh. It's just not supposed to happen in August. :)
I started blogging in April 2008 and really enjoy it! Being an extremely busy wife and mother of four, I don't get much time to write. But please do not let that keep you from coming back often as I like having you read what I write! Feel free to comment and let me know you stopped by, and enjoy reading!
Sunday, August 22, 2010
The Perfect Saturday
Rarely, and I do mean rarely do we, as a family, have an entire day together with nothing business related to intervene (and I'm going to dismiss the 30 min. business phone call that left the whole family waiting in the car yesterday so I can say it was totally a non-business day). Yesterday, however we had a perfectly fun family day from beginning to end. Below are a few of the photographed highlights:
The blueberry season is coming to a close, and with my recent cold, I was getting anxious about getting down to the patch to pick some more before they were all gone. We all went down to pick which was very fun; this is second time in 8 years that I've convinced Aaron to go with us.
Katie Mae is usually pretty good in the berry patch. There's always something to keep her occupied. Yesterday, for all the kids, it was a skull that we think was a opposum's skull. : )
After lunch with the owners of the blueberry patch, we went swimming which is ALWAYS more fun with Daddy around. He roughs up the kids far more than I do, which they love of course.
It took more than 10 minutes for me to get them to all come to the side of the pool for this one shot. Savannah's eye is swollen due to a bug bite in the berry patch. (You should see it today! It's nearly swollen shut!)
I cut Alan's hair!! I've never cut the kid's hair before except for trimming Katie's bangs, but I'd had it with this mop. So I took Aaron's beard trimmer to it and I think it turned out pretty good! This is the "before" shot, and the one "after" shot I took is not very good because of the dark background he's standing in front of. You can't tell much detail. I'll post a pic of him sooner or later and you can see it. :)
I'm still not feeling totally well; I'm hacking and my head is still stopped up, I'm tired and just want to sleep. But I'm beginning to think this cold is never going to go away, so I'm just ignoring it at this point. Katie and Alan are the same; they're all snuffly, but oh well. Such is life. Sigh. It's just not supposed to happen in August. :)
I'm still not feeling totally well; I'm hacking and my head is still stopped up, I'm tired and just want to sleep. But I'm beginning to think this cold is never going to go away, so I'm just ignoring it at this point. Katie and Alan are the same; they're all snuffly, but oh well. Such is life. Sigh. It's just not supposed to happen in August. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the pics of the pool, makes me want to go for a swim! I had so many blueberries on my bushes this year I couldn't keep up! But, I did manage to freeze a bunch of quarts!
Also, I got stung by one of my honeybee's a few weeks back and my eye was just about swollen shut for a day and a half! I can relate!
Post a Comment