Friday, December 24, 2010

Alan just loves reading books. He doesn't really know how to read yet, but he has ALWAYS been so easy to occupy with books. Even when he was less than 2 yr old, he'd sit next to the book shelf for nearly an hour, scrutinizing every page in every book that he pulled off the shelf.
I just love winter sunrises, especially when there is snow on the ground. I really enjoy sitting by the window and drinking my one cup of coffee in the morning before I start fixing breakfast.

(Alan, 5 yr 8 mo, Savannah, 7 1/2 yr, Katie Mae, 2 yr 7 mo)

I bought this gingerbread house last January on clearance and forgot about it. It's been in my pantry for nearly a year! I thought the icing would be no good at this point, but after about 10 minutes of "kneading" it in the bag, it softened up enough for us to put the house together. The kids had such fun doing this the other morning; they were very restless as it was so windy and snowy that day (as it has been all month! They've spent A LOT of time indoors this month!); I'm glad I found something that occupied them for a little while!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails