Well folks, winter arrived a bit early this year. Since it is TECHNICALLY still fall, the fact that we've had snow on the ground for 3 days and it was 8 degrees this morning makes it feel like wintertime just couldn't wait anymore. Even with the wood stove going (which usually keeps the house very warm), it was 61 degrees in the house this morning...so I'm enjoying sitting in the living room where it's warming up and the sun is shining in on my feet! It's been too cold and I've been too lazy to bundle up and take pictures of the kids playing in the snow, but I got couple shots when it started snowing on Saturday morning.
Going back a couple months, we were walking down near the barn one day when Dixie chased up something, we weren't sure what it was right away. It turned out it was a little FLUFFY gray boy kitten, approximately 10-12 weeks old. We don't know where he came from or how he got there. There were no other litter mates in the area, and he was VERY people friendly. I called the neighbors and no one laid claim to him, so we took him in. Savannah and Alan named him Henry right off the bat, and Katie Mae named him Bubby. So he goes by two names; Henry or Bubby either one. Our other cat, a calico named, well, Cat, or Kitty (she never got an official name though we've had her for going on 7 years now) did NOT like Henry to start with, but she's "accepting" him now. But they are NOT friends yet. Dixie, however, gets along with anyone! Katie, by the way, calls are girl cat a Colicow cat (as opposed to Calico). It's pretty funny.

I'm getting so close to being through with this pregnancy I can almost taste it! I'll be 36 weeks on Friday. I won't begin to make any predictions as to WHEN this baby will arrive, but I would be JUST FINE with it coming in the next 2 or 3 weeks. I've gained as much weight as I was hoping to gain and I think this baby is just as big as needs to be right now. :) Not only that, but the discomfort has become quite an issue; if I stay on my feet for too many hours at a time, I end up practically debilitated from lower back pain, not to mention the constant running to the bathroom, occasional heartburn and all the other late term pregnancy fun. :) I haven't had anyone take any good pictures of me in a couple months, but suffice it to say, I'm big. heheI've done very little to prepare for the actual arrival of this baby, but I have officially ordered the items I need to for my birth kit and have assembled MOST of the products I need for the actual birth. Now, I need to go through boxes and find baby blankets, hats, gown, burp cloths etc and get them washed up and accessible. A friend of mine is going to let me borrow her bassinet, but I need to pick it up. We're not even sure which room the baby will sleep in, but I'm just not all worried about it. Perhaps that comes with the more children you have, but I just know everything will be fine. :) We don't even have names picked out. This may end up being Girl Brown or Boy Brown. :)
Here is shot is of Katie Mae trying to cuddle up with Aaron without waking him up in the process.

And one of Katie Mae talking to Sully, my cousin's horse.
4 comments:
Having just witnessed Lauralee's birth (or is it Ruby's birth?), I have to say I don't think pregnancy would taste very good. :)
No cow yet???
That was a good update for an almost-ready-to-pop mama. We got snow too and the kids LOVED it.
Now you know how I was feeling when you were making me do all those corn things:) Ha. My back hurts just thinking about it.
You better keep us posted on that new little one on the way. Love ya'll.
It's the countdown! Can't wait to hear the big news :) Here's hoping yours goes faster than mine!
Yeah I'm with you on the sleeping thing. So far Eli mostly sleeps in the bed with me. I don't even have the crib set up, and if it were up to me he'd just sleep in bed with me until he's ready for his own big bed. For some reason I was so eager to get Owen sleeping well and on his own, but with Eli, I could care less. lol.
Post a Comment