Monday, April 27, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Monday, April 27th, 2009...

Outside My Window
...The sun is shining beautifully, the birds are singing, the breeze is blowing and it's about 70 degrees out. The skidsteer is going in the back yard and Aaron is talking to the employees in the front yard.
I am thinking...About the fact that I need to go inside and do chores while Katie Mae is taking her nap.
I am thankful for...The beautiful weather. I have learned to take all weather, good or bad, hot or cold in stride, but I sure am enjoying this gorgeous weather and the beautiful blooming lilacs and dandelions, and the green, green grass.
From the learning rooms...Savannah is making her list of things to do today. It's a good practice for her penmanship, which is lacking! She can read up a storm, but her penmanship is not as up to speed!
From the kitchen...We had oatmeal and juice for breakfast. The dishes are waiting on me in the sink.
I am wearing...An olive green t-shirt and my new hippie skirt that I got at Merlefest over the weekend. I LOVE IT and it was only $10!
I am creating...Hmmm, well, I'm altering Katie Mae's crib skirt to accommodate the adjustable heights of the side of the crib so that the skirt will hang free.
I am going...NOWHERE today. Yay! I love staying home. I want to get ready to go to Greensboro tomorrow. I have to leave a little before 8 am with all the children, and I want to leave a clean house behind me!
I am reading...Bits and pieces of many books, but not really any one book right now
I am hoping...To have a very productive day today without fussing at the children or feeling like I wasted the day.
I am hearing...Aaron and Stephen talking on the front patio and the skidsteer in the background still....and birds, the lovely birds.
Around the house...The children are cleaning up the living room and Katie Mae is sleeping. The house is relatively clean, but it does need some decluttering from the weekend.
One of my favorite things...Lilac bushes
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Like I said, a trip to Greensboro is in the plans for tomorrow. I have to drop the car off at the dealership, then I'll be off to visit friends and family for the day. For the rest of the week, I HAVE TO FINISH PREPARING FOR OUR BEES THIS WEEKEND! We're getting 2 hives worth of bees this weekend, and I need to paint a bit more of the woodware. However, I have to GET THEM IN THE MAIL FIRST, and the bee company hasn't shipped it yet. Grr
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

(I was planning on doing a whole blog post on this, but I'll never catch up if I keep trying to post month old news) This is Elfie, a red-tailed hawk that we saw at a local library. There was a falconer who came and gave an excellent presentation one Saturday morning that the whole family was able to attend. I think Aaron and I enjoyed it more than the kids, but they loved it too. These birds are so magnificent.

1 comment:

missamandabeth said...

I am so with you on the lilacs and the staying home. :) Of course, leaving home to visit you is always a pleasure. When are you going to come see me? We want to do pizza, maybe next Sunday (May 3rd)? When will you be installing your bees? I have to install a new queen a Phil's hive as his hive is currently queenless!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails