Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bits and Pieces of the Past Week

I can't even count the times that I've hoped to have long enough to sit down and update my blog this past week, but it just hasn't happened. I keep telling myself that I have more important things to do than sit in front of the computer for several hours!! My house is decently decluttered though and I'm feeding Katie Mae and typing one-handed, so I'll write a minute. :)

We had a good 4th of July. We had two families over for a cook-out (the first time we haven't been somewhere else for the 4th!). One family had 2 girls and a boy, and the other family had one of each; there were two 5 year olds, three 3 year olds, a 15 month old, a 9 month old, and a 2 month old! It of course had to rain so the children couldn't go out to play, but they were all so good and well behaved as they played indoors! We didn't watch the fireworks that night but we did the following night at a golf course about 2 miles from our house.

As of Tuesday, we have air conditioning! It's been about 2 years in the making, but it's finally finished! It will be so nice to not have to suffer through the heat spells anymore. Thanks to everyone who made it possible (which were quite a few people!)

Katie Mae is changing so much! She laughed for the first time the day before yesterday. She's also slept through the night for the past two nights!!! She slept almost 8 hours one night and 7 last night. And she's so doggoned fat that I don't have to worry about her not getting enough to eat. :)

Well, aside from the fact that I don't have time to post any pictures, I couldn't even if I had time because I left my camera out in the rain! I was driving around the property with Aaron and the family in the Chevy truck and Aaron was telling me about a stump coming up that I could either drive around or go over. Well, I misunderstood what he was saying and I straddled the stump instead of driving over it with a tire like the had meant and the stump hit the bottom of the truck and BANG! came to a screeching halt. When we got out of the truck to inspect the damage, the camera slid out of the truck with me without my knowledge. There was no damage done to the truck; that thing is an enormous, indestructible beast. So for the next 24 hours, I looked and looked for my camera before the thought came to mind that it might have come out of the truck when I got out. Sure enough, I went down there right away, and there it was; it had just been rained on twice. I haven't turned it on yet, cause I'm trying to give it a chance to dry out first. So now, I have a probably broken camera and two bruised palms. And I wasn't even going fast; like oh 3 or 5 miles an hour. Such is life.

Well, the natives are beyond restless at this point so I'm going to resume the role of Mom. : )

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow, sorry about your camera!! That's terrible, I hope it works when you turn it on!
Thanks for posting again though!! : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails