



Ok, I am definitely my father's daughter. I don't like involving children in activities that are messy i.e. sand, paint, splashing in water, play dough, etc. But I decided to be a cool mom tonight, took a deep breath, and told the kids they could build their own salads for supper. The only condition was that they had to take a little of every kind of food. I had a spinach/romaine mixture, tomatoes, yellow peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, onions, ham, eggs, and hot peppers. I told them they didn't have to get any hot peppers, but they both wanted them anyway. Savannah and Alan like most all foods, but this was an especially fun way for them to get excited about a meal that many kids would not want to eat. Even though Alan's salad was HUGE by the time he was done making it, he ate it all and Savannah went back for more. She then proceeded to dump so much dressing on it that I had to throw it out (she's not allowed to put on her own dressing, but decided to do so while I was away from the table for a minute.)
No comments:
Post a Comment