I started blogging in April 2008 and really enjoy it! Being an extremely busy wife and mother of four, I don't get much time to write. But please do not let that keep you from coming back often as I like having you read what I write! Feel free to comment and let me know you stopped by, and enjoy reading!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Fifth Disease and Posting Pictures

First thing I'll say is that this posting pictures online takes alot of time for me! It's been an all day effort to get to this point. First, I had to go to my parent's house and my brother, Joe, took all the pictures off my camera's disk and put them on to a CD for me cause I don't know where my cable is to do it myself. (He has a printer that allows you to stick the card right in it. Lucky rich duck.) While we were over there, Savannah and Alan helped my dad, Papaw, and Joe gather firewood and clean up the yard from the trees Daddy had dropped. Boy did they have fun! I never knew they could have so much fun throwing bark into the bucket of a tractor...but then Joe took them on tractor rides once the bucket was full, so they had motivation. Savannah even got to steer. : ) So we ended up eating lunch there; it was SOOO gorgeous this morning; I'm glad they got to play and spend time with family.
Once we got home, I read to the kids, put them to bed and started working on these pictures. Well, it's nearly 6 pm now and I finally have the pictures resized enough that they will actually upload to the internet.....after my first attempts, I decided the pictures needed to be WAY smaller.
So Alan has Fifth Disease. You may have never heard of it, but I'll tell you the truth, if my child had to get a sickness, this is the one I would pick. It's called Fifth Disease because it's known as the "fifth" childhood disease; the first 4 being Measles, German Measles or Rubella, Roseola, Scarlet Fever, and now Fifth Disease. Basically, it's just a rash that starts on the face and works it's way over the entire body. If the child has any other symptoms, they are very mild such as low grade fever or mild cold symptoms. Alan has had neither. The rash doesn't usually itch, and it goes away within 2 weeks. I first started noticing the rash about a week ago on Alan's face and pretty much figured it was from the sun cause we'd been out so much last week while it was warm. Then, yesterday, morning before I was even awake, I thought "Alan has fifth disease!!!" That's the first thing I said to Aaron when he woke up and he said, "What in the world are you talking about? I have no idea what that is!" Anyway, I explained it to him; I know what it is because my cousin, Sarah's two children that live in Chattanooga, TN just got over it themselves, so she's been telling me all about it. Good news is, even though it IS contagious particularly among children, once the rash even starts to appear, they are no longer contagious. So who knows if Savannah is, as she shows no signs of it, but Alan is no longer contagious. I say all this because in these pictures, you will see that his cheeks are all red. The rash, just yesterday and today, has spread to both arms and legs. It's supposed to spread to the entire body and then go away.
My midwife came to see me yesterday for my home visit and all is well. She says I'll probably go at least 2 more weeks before it's born. Also, if I don't go overdue, she said it probably won't be more than an 8 lb baby. I'm so glad, cause that's what I'm hoping for! My iron, which had been low, is climbing because of all the iron rich foods I've been eating and all the "green" sources I've been taking like chlorophyll, barley, and alfalfa. I have another 1/2 point to go before it is where it "should" be, but I feel so good compared to how I felt a month ago! All the pictures here were taken today. The lady with Savannah and Alan is my mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment