Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Weekend

After a few days away, it's time to catch up! We had a busy but fun weekend. On Friday afternoon, we (Aaron, kids, and I) packed up to head to Greensboro, NC. Aaron and I had a wedding to go to, and Aaron's parents were going to take Savannah and Alan to the baseball game while we went to the wedding. Their church had a whole group going, so they took our kids along with them. Apparently, the kids had a wonderful time, even though Alan disappeared. However, scary though this is, Alan has no problem talking to strangers, so he found his way, on his own, to the information desk and told the folks there that his name was Alan Scot Brown and his mama was at a wedding! So they announced it over the loud speakers and the boy was retrieved. The wedding was nice; it was small and typical.

We spent the night at Aaron's parent's house. After not sleeping so well because I am massively pregnant and was in a different bed, I convinced Aaron (shockingly
enough) at 7:30 a.m to go to some yard sales with me. So we left the in-laws and children sleeping in their beds and sneaked away. I THOUGHT I had seen some signs for a neighborhood yard sale nearby, but was wrong, so we found ourselves at a church yard sale instead where I found some books for the kids and a game that they won't grow into for a few more years. Then, we headed back to the in-laws to eat breakfast(after realizing I know NOTHING about coffee...we stopped by Starbucks to get coffee and what did I walk out with? A strawberries and cream frappacino......very delicious, but no, it has NO coffee in it...it's a cold beverage that very closely resembles a milkshake...what can I say, I'm from Carroll County?).
After visiting a bit, it was decided that Scot and Cindie (Aaron's parents) would take the kids to the park while Aaron and I went to go do some more shopping. Our intention was to look at digital cameras (and buy one!), car seats, and maybe look around at some minivans. Well, we end up first at Mazda dealership looking at an SUV, that, nice though it is, does not exactly match what we need, then at the Land Rover dealership. Let me say here that my husband is a Land Rover freak. He had one when he was 19 or 20 and seems to think that it's the perfect family vehicle. Yes, they are nice, very nice, but they are "EXPENSIVE" and get terrible gas mileage and not quite as practical as a minivan. But we (he) drooled for an hour at the Land Rover dealership before we drove to Car Max. There I fell in love with a Honda Odyssey that we really liked, but certainly couldn't have driven away in. Well, before you know it, the day was over and we never even looked at the first digital camera OR car seat. :( But, I had a really wonderful day riding around with Aaron even though we got nothing that I wanted to done. I've learned with Aaron that you don't ask where you're going or why, just sit in the car and ride quietly. We don't get to spend NEARLY as much time together as I wish we could without kids, so I don't care what we're doing, I enjoy it just cause it's time together alone!
We ended the day by having dinner at my sister-in-law, Rachel's house with Scot and Cindie too and then drove home back to VA.

Today was a typical Sunday...go to my grandparent's house to have a small worship
service with my parents too and then go out to eat lunch with them. My sister, Amanda, was here with us this morning so that was nice. But while we were eating lunch in Fancy Gap, Aaron's best friend from Greensboro happened to call him and he was 1/4 mile from where we were and had just wrecked his motorcycle (for the 4th time in 2 months I might add). So after lunch, Aaron ended up getting Jamie and the bike and he took Jamie back home to Greensboro to go to the hospital. He wasn't hurt badly, but he had suffered a pretty major concussion. There went my afternoon with Aaron. :( :( In fact, Aaron is now driving in the driveway right now and it's 10:45 pm, so that's the end of my weekend!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

We had fun this weekend with ya'll! Glad you could come down and the kids go to the game. Collin is always excited to see the kids.
Great job on the blog, too, it's kind of addicting!! I enjoy reading about what you're up to!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails