Saturday, April 19, 2008

Preparing for Alan's birthday


This morning bright and early at 8 am, a friend of our's, David Harrell, showed up in his dump truck to get dirt from our dirt pile to take it to my parent's house. They're doing a bit of landscaping themselves and need three loads of dirt. Well, David is Alan's idol. He worships the ground he walks on cause David runs a huge road construction company and has every piece of equipment known to man and probably several of each...like six articulating dump trucks alone, not to mention all the straight ones. So Aaron and Alan went out to be with him (they didn't even have a chance to eat breakfast first) and Alan got to ride in the dump truck over to my parent's house. Boy, did that make his day. (Look VERY closely, and you can see Alan standing in front of Aaron and Dixie sitting behind Aaron.)
Then, after lunch and before naps, Savannah and Alan got to help me make his birthday cake. I am very glad to say that it went over without a hitch; no eggs ended up on the floor, no flour was spilled, and I managed to keep my temper. I can NOT however say that about every baking experience with the dear little angels. The first time I let Savannah crack an egg, she thought she know so much more than me and well, several ended on the floor and I was turning all shades of purple with rage. She's now a pro at it and cracks them nearly every time we eat eggs for breakfast!
Alan is looking so forward to his birthday; it's really cute. He cried because he didn't want to go to bed; he wanted to watch his cake bake! I told him he could see it when he woke up. Savannah and I took the opportunity of Alan being being gone in the dump truck this morning to wrap his presents. When Alan returned, we were just finishing and he was ready to tear into them right then and there. Try explaining to a little boy that yes, these are your presents, but NO, you may not open them until tomorrow evening. He just doesn't understand. Oh well. Ain't it terrible being a kid!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails