I've been getting phone calls today with people wondering if I've had my baby since I haven't posted in the past couple of days. Unfortunately to say, NO!!! I've just been busy. Every day that I have to leave the house for any reason seems to be a crazy day where I get nothing accomplished at home! Yesterday morning, the kids had doctor's appointments to get immunizations, so we left somewhat early in the morning (early enough that I didn't have time to get breakfast dishes done) to run up to the local clinic. The kids did well...Savannah is thrilled that's she's through with shots until she's 11 years old. Alan doesn't know it, but he's not through. : ) Then, we got home and I found out I had to race to Hillsville before 1 pm. So we crammed some lunch down our throats and hurried off (without time to do lunch dishes) to town 45 minutes after we'd gotten home the previous time. After doing some banking, grocery shopping, and fabric shopping, we got home around 3:30. So I had a dirty kitchen and dirty laundry to do and lots of other stuff. I felt like it was a pretty useless day around the house. (But at least I found some CHEAP fabric in Fancy Gap to make a couple wraps (a type of baby carrier) for the baby!)
Today is our usual day for the Laurel Fork home school group that we've been meeting with for about a month. I enjoyed it more than ever today because we met at a new spot...one that wasn't close to a busy road so I didn't have to worry about Alan running into the road. We had a good time and the kids played and played. I did manage to get a few things done around the house before we left, so I'm glad about that. When we got home, I decided it was too nice to go in and fix dinner (who needs dinner!), so I dug weeds out of my herbs and strawberries for an hour.
Tomorrow will be another busy day. My mom and I are going to Independence, which is about 1 hour away. There is a used curriculum sale going on over there that I'm interested in, and Mama is going to try to sell some of her books that my brother is through with. We have to leave by 8 a.m. and I know we won't be home before mid to late afternoon, so that will be another day shot by leaving the house. I hate weeks like this! Oh well! So that's what my week has been like; maybe next week I'll actually have EXCITING news to post!!!
2 comments:
Hi Jenny! I love your blog! I already read everything and you are re-inspiring me! I love the way you write- how open and honest you are...it is very refreshing!
Ahhhh, thanks! I love your blog too. I check it nearly every day even though you only write about once a week. LOL : )
Post a Comment