Well, I didn't get everything accomplished that I wanted to Saturday morning (see previous post); I went on the walk though and got LOTS of stuff done in the kitchen. : )
Aaron got home from work early FOR ONCE on a Saturday, so we decided to have a family outing together. Let me note now that this NEVER happens with us just as a family, so we had lots and lots of fun! We drove to Dugspur to where an acquaintance of ours' has a horse and mule farm. He was having a children's fishing day where anyone could come fish in his creek for free. He'd dumped over 500 lbs of trout in the creek the day before so there would be plenty of fish. Savannah and Alan had a ton of fun. Neither one of them had been fishing before and now that's all they want to do! Savannah and Aaron caught one fish and we were given 2 others that someone else had caught, so we had enough for dinner. After they were through fishing, they got to ride around in a 6 wheeler for about 1 1/2 hours with this other lady and some children. Aaron and I got to fish without them while they were occupied. Nearly everyone had gone home...and all the fish had been caught or were VERY full. Savannah and Alan also got to ride bareback on a draft horse, play on tire swings and rope swings, and climb all over tractors. We had some very exhausted children that evening! When we got home 6 hours later, Aaron grilled the trout for supper and it was SOOOOOOO good. It was tender and flavorful! I look forward to spending more days like that as a family as the children get older and we can do more fun stuff like that with them. Next time I get pictures off my camera, I'll post some because I took lots of pictures of the afternoon!
1 comment:
What a fun day! I wish we could have gone! That sounds like it was wonderful.
Post a Comment